A powerful explosion rocked the Texas oil and gas plant of Alon USA Energy Inc., injuring at least four workers, the company and authorities said, and temporarily shutting down one of the country's largest oil and gas facilities in the Texas Panhandle. The Texas Power & Light Co. plant in Fort Worth, Texas, was closed about 8: 30 a.m., a company spokesman said. Alons USA energy Inc. confirmed yesterday that an explosion and fire have occurred at its temporarily shut down Texas oil and gas plant.
The Big Spring refinery is the only facility operated by Alon in Texas, although the company also operates several plants in the state of California. The fire broke out due to a leak at the bottom of a vacuum tower, and in recent history there have been several accidents at this site for various reasons. Susser Holdings of Corpus Christi, Texas - which operates a refinery in Fort Worth, about 30 miles south of the Texas Panhandle - said a day after the explosion that fuel had reached several shelves but that supplies were not at risk. Compared to other refineries, the Alton - Big Spring refinery was considered a small to medium-sized refinery due to its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and its location with a high concentration of natural gas.
Flames in the southern sector of the refinery were visible from Big Spring on Monday, and a plume of smoke was visible from the edge of the Midland. The fire was under control late Monday morning, but asphalt tanks were burning Monday night, according to the Houston Chronicle.
Firefighters asked residents to avoid the area to help them contain the fire. The city of Big Spring Emergency Management is coordinating with the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Midland County Sheriff's Office, according to a statement.
More than 100 firefighters are currently deployed in eight city departments, including the Big Spring Fire Department, Midland County Sheriff's Office and Texas Department of Public Safety. To become a firefighter, you usually only need to take a course in fire science in high school. On the other hand, most firefighters are still hired by local and state governments. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, incomes have increased by 50% over the past decade.
An article on the CBS8 website from 2013 recommends that you get a chimney inspection in autumn and winter. Maintenance and inspection of your fireplace, stove and chimney is the most important measure to prevent a fireplace fire - a house fire. A sweeper can clean and check damaged sparks and arresters, which can lead to chimney fires. Regular chimney cleaning and repair is an important way for you to prevent chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
People living in hot climates may forget to have their chimneys checked and cleaned annually, putting them at a higher risk of house fires. If you burn wood for the heat, you need to clean your chimney and prevent a fireplace from burning. We need a bit more moisture to help us through the fire season, so anything we get is a bit of a bonus. Tracking the risk of forest fires is something that requires much more time and effort than doing it alone, but it is worth it.
Hale Chimney & Fireplace Solutions has been a full service chimney and fireplace company since 1993, and is called Full Service Chimneys and Fireplaces in Austin, Texas and the surrounding area. The owners of Full Service Chimny are the original CSIA certified "chimney sweeps" in the Kansas City metro area, making them the oldest and most original Certified Sweep serving the entire KC Metropolitan area. Authorities recommend ordering a comprehensive fire safety plan for the Buffalo Creek drain that burst its banks on January 9, 2021. Best plumber Austin TX HomeAdvisor rent for a complete fire protection system for your home or business in Texas, Texas.
After more than 20 years of working in the south of Jersey, we have been active in the fire protection sector for over 30 years.
The feeling of security and security of our family is important to us, whether it is a house, a business or even the personal property of a family member. That is why we have installed, repaired, cleaned and maintained fire protection systems such as fire detectors, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors and smoke detectors over the last 25 years. With ever higher fuel costs, wood heating is again becoming very popular among the Misourians. Welcome to the soot spinners, we do thorough chimney sweeping and cleaning work for homes, businesses, schools, churches, hospitals and other public buildings in Missouri.
The Chimney Doctors are headquartered in Milwaukee and Waukesha, which is located in the heart of Milwaukee County, a short drive from the Milwaukee Convention Center.